The Help Desk is open Monday-Friday 8 AM - 4:30 PM during the school year and 7 AM - 5:30 PM during the summer. When requesting assistance, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling the Help Desk directly at 275-4357 or ext. 4357 (HELP).
What does the Help Desk do?
The SKC Helpdesk provides assistance with and technical support on the following SKC-owned equipment;
- Desktop & Laptop computers
- telephone system
- digital network wired & wireless (SKC Student family housing & dorm wifi support to the wall-jack)
- SKC-assigned cell phones
- RAVE Alert mass notification system
We are also responsible for
- setting up and maintaining all SKC-owned computers and printers
- installing and updating SKC-licensed software
- advising on appropriate hardware and software purchases
- repairing equipment
- familiarizing faculty and staff with operation of equipment
- and a variety of other technology issues.
We create and manage SKC Staff, Faculty & Student digital accounts; email, JICS, Papercut, and 1Card.
Who does the Help Desk Serve?
The Helpdesk is available to all SKC students, staff and faculty.
Provides limited assistance to guest lecturers and presenters in the form of audio visual support and wifi connectivity, but we cannot provide support for equipment not owned by SKC.
What DOESN’T the Help Desk do?
The Help Desk does not provide technical support or perform repairs on non-SKC owned equipment such as:
- personal computers
- cell phones
- wifi routers